[mrtg] Re: Monitoring on ATM Switch VC

Grossman, Benjamin Benjamin.Grossman at METROKC.GOV
Mon Apr 19 20:21:24 MEST 2004

The Port Index (in our experience) varies depending on the version of the OS
your switch is running. This is in part because Marconi in earlier versions
made assumptions about the maximum number of ports a module could have based
on their product mix at that time. Then engineering started building boards
with more ports...
What version is your box running?

I use GetIF and the Fore MIB to figure out what is going on, personally.

-Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: Nelson Tseung [mailto:ntseung at yahoo.com.hk]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 8:45 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Cc: Grossman, Benjamin
Subject: [mrtg] Monitoring on ATM Switch VC

Did anyone come across in searching port ID with Fore
ASX-1000 switch for OID value?

Any ideas how to figure out? Is the port ID determined
by counting from the leftmost and topmost? Or there
are any more formal means? e.g. figure out through a
command at ATM switch.

Since the ATM switch may mix with various type of
module, e.g. IME module or OC-12 module, counting may
not be a trivial or easy task when there are many ATM
switches to be worked with.

Rgds

 --- "Grossman, Benjamin"
<Benjamin.Grossman at METROKC.GOV> wrote: > Nelson-