[mrtg] Re: Graph scales

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 29 22:57:14 MEST 2004

>Has anyone done any work on making the graphs scale
>logarithmically?  I would like the scales to scales this way
>as daily traffic is made very insignificant by the nightly
>backup.  I know that I could use the max bytes to eliminate
We have a different way to get around this problem.  The latest routers2.cgi
frontend has the new 'Rescale' button, which will rescale the graph to set
an upper limit of the current average.  The practical upshot of this is
that, if your graph is made insignificant by a spike, this will allow you to
zoom in and ignore the spike.  Seems to work well so far.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes