[mrtg] Re: Redhat AS 3.0 basic install failing

Doug Roberts doug at rhbaby.com
Fri Apr 30 19:15:44 MEST 2004

> > [root]# /usr/bin/mrtg server.cfg
> > /usr/bin/rateup: No such file or directory
> > Rateup Error: Can't open ./mrtghtml/my_router_ip _1-day.png for write
> > ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return
> > anything sensible
> > WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0
>
>Doug,
>
>Try running manually (not as daemon) a couple of times.  I don't know
>why, but I have seen the same type of thing using RHES 3.0 and MRTG
>2.10.13.

Thanks for the quick response. I killed the cron job that seemed to be
calling mrtg. As far as I can tell it's not running as a daemon otherwise
(nothing shows in the ps list, and I never configured it to run that way).
Running it manually and turning on the "base" debug, I still get:

[root]# mrtg server.cfg
--base: Creating Lockfiles server.cfg_l,server.cfg_l_1684
--base: Reading Config File: server.cfg
--base: Reading Interface Config cache
--base: Checking Config File
--base: Loading default Locale
--base: Starting main Loop
--base: Populate Target object by polling SNMP and external Datasources
--base: Act on Router/Target 172.27.152.1_1
--base: Get Current values: 1177241743, 3317255317, 25 days, 18:34:45,
Router-R0.r01, 1083312467)
--base: Create Graphics
/usr/bin/rateup: No such file or directory
Rateup Error: Can't open ./mrtghtml/172.27.152.1_1-day.png for write
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 0

All ideas are welcome - I'll happily provide any other logs or info that
can help. If I can't get it to work on Linux, I'll have to keep it on
<*shiver*> Windows.

Thanks,
Doug