[mrtg] Re: snmp installations problems

Biju Ramachandran bramachandran at ubisoft.qc.ca
Thu Aug 5 14:27:40 MEST 2004

  _____

From: Biju Ramachandran
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 8:18 AM
To: 'mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch'
Subject: snmp installations problems

Hi there:

New to this mailing list.

Having problems in installing snmp on my WindowsXP machine to use MRTG

After installing/configuring snmp service - I downloaded
<http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/net-snmp/ucd-snmp-4.2.3-win32.zip?downlo
ad>
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/net-snmp/ucd-snmp-4.2.3-win32.zip?downloa

Running the following command

snmpwalk -c public localhost system

gives me the following message

Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in
(none) Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find
module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module
(SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB):
At line 0 in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0
in (none) Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

system: Unknown Object Identifier (system)

I am quite sure that there is some configuration problem. Could somebody
help me out on this ?

Thanks in advance

Biju