[mrtg] Re: Past MRTG daily graphs?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Aug 11 12:34:07 MEST 2004

I have not seen this on the list (yet), so I'll respond.

No, you can't grab that information unless you have
modified the original RRAs.  5 minute (Daily) information
is only kept for about the last 400 data points.  That amounts
to:

400 data points / 12 points per hour = 33 hours, 20 minutes.

Having said that, there are two ways of getting daily information.

1.  Saving the graphs at a set time in a specific area so they can be
recalled at a later time.

2.  Modifying the 5 minute RRA to hold as much data as you want.

I did the latter, keeping 1 years' worth of 5 minute data.  Much
more efficient use of space IMHO.

Paul

>>> "Adam Dale" <adale at accessproviders.com.au> 08/10/04 10:52 PM >>>
Hello all,

I have an mrtg system monitoring a router.
I intend to get a few daily graphs of past information
from two months ago.

Firstly, Is this possible using some sort of
RRD manipulation tool?

Cheers,

Adam Dale