[mrtg] Re: mrtg installation on window 2000

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Fri Aug 13 17:35:27 MEST 2004

Biju Ramachandran wrote:
> Please - Could anyone reply to this mail

Sure.

> Thanks
>
> Biju

What part?

> I would really appreciate it, if someone can direct
> me to a better doc for Windows 2000 using Apache webserver. I would like to
> monitor some 30 odd PC's machines for their performances (like mem usage,
> hdd throughtput, network throughput...etc) - I hope this can be done pretty
> easily.

What is easy?  It'd be easy for me because I've been working with MRTG
for several years now.  All tests in life are easy if you know the
answers to the questions.

The problem here is, you didn't ask a question. How can I help you if I
don't know what's wrong? What's not working? Where is the problem?

> Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Suggestion 1: Read more about MRTG
Suggestion 2: Google MRTG
Suggestion 3: Start small, monitoring routers and/or switches, before
you go in to more "advanced" monitoring of PC's as it can be considered
more difficult.
Suggestion 4: Formulate specific questions about specific problems,
providing specific data, then someone on this list may be able to help you.

Eric Brander