[mrtg] Re: MRTG not getting bandwidth data

James Calamore jcalam1 at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 19 18:12:52 MEST 2004

You are right - it doesn't appear to be a problem with MRTG.  I tried snmpwalking and was able to get non-zero responses on some of the interface MIB's (i.e. IfIndex, ifDescr, ifType, ifMtu, ifSpeed, ifPhysAddress, ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus, and ifLastChange) and also the system MIB's.  However, here are the zero value responses that I received (which is the reason why MRTG isn't capturing my bandwidth data):

IF-MIB::ifInOctets.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifInUcastPkts.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifInNUcastPkts.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifInDiscards.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifInErrors.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifInUnknownProtos.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutOctets.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutUcastPkts.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutNUcastPkts.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutDiscards.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutErrors.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifOutQLen.16 = Counter32: 0
IF-MIB::ifSpecific.16 = Counter32: 0

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks!
James