[mrtg] Re: Use MRTG config to create RRD files

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Tue Aug 24 19:46:29 MEST 2004

Jeff Cook wrote:

> How do I use the MRTG config file to create RRD files with different
> settings then the RRD defaults?  I want to change how much data is saved
> and for how long.  I don't want to have to manually create every RRD
> with the correct settings.  I want to use the MRTG config to get them to
> automatically be created with the correct info.
>
> Thank You

If the settings are correct in the MRTG config file then the RRD will be
built correctly the 1st time it runs. However, I'm not certain if
changing those settings will re-tune the RRD.

I think that primarily the RRD will be built based on the Refresh
parameter setting.

Out of curiosity, what are the settings you're looking for?

Eric Brander