[mrtg] mrtg uptime conversion

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Wed Aug 25 11:45:52 MEST 2004

Hi :)

I'm sure this has been asked about a million time, but I googled an
entire day without finding the answer.
I would like mrtg to monitor the uptime of all my network computers.
Until now, the only success I have is:
- monitor the mrtg server uptime using a script

But how can I monitor other hosts ? I wanted to use snmp and
system.sysuptime, but I got errors from mrtg saying it was expecting an
integer. I can understand that... so I researched a bit more and found
something interesting: conversion filters.
Now, the only thing I miss is some help to write a perl script to
transform the data received from snmp to data usable by mrtg.
Thanks in advance.

Antoine