[mrtg] Re: Monitoring switches

Strutt, Simon simon.strutt at thomson.com
Thu Aug 26 08:43:44 MEST 2004

1250kb/s is right for 10MB ports (1250 kbits/s x8 = 10 Mbytes/sec)

Either the devices you've connected to the switch have negotiated to 10MB,
or if you've nothing connected to the ports the switch may have defaulted
the ports to 10MB, though generally switches tend to report the speed as 0
when theres nothing connected.

Simon