[mrtg] MRTG on Solaris 9 monitoring CPU, Disk, Memory...

GKP Tharan mkorca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:30:04 MEST 2004

Greetings!

I am new to MRTG. We are setting up MRTG on a Solaris 9 system to
gather CPU, Memory, Disk statistics from AIX 5x,
RH Linux & Solaris 8 clients.

I downloaded the pre-compiled MRTG from
http://colin.bitterfield.com/mrtg_pragmatic.html & ran the cfgmaker.
Alos downloaded the net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOs_5.9_sun4u
& installed it on this solaris 9 system.

When I tried to run snmpwalk on solaris 9, I get the following:

root at sfo-rdr(./tools)snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 sfo-rdr ssCpuRawUser
UCD-SNMP-MIB::ssCpuRawUser.0 = Counter32: 926739
End of MIB

Is the any mrtg config files for CPU, Disk & Memory monitoring?

Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mike