[mrtg] Pls,hlp. How to combine MRTG-RRD?

welly limston well_great2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 06:22:44 MEST 2004

Dear all,

I’m a new one in mailing list. So I hope u all, can understand me as beginner. Actually, now I am interesting to learn about RRD combined with MRTG more and more. So I join to this mailing list, hope I can get more detail information about it. I plan to use it as my finish task project in my university àsystem alarm to detect router, is it down or not. If it is down, my program will be performed warning dialog box.  Hope u help all.

Several topic which will I ask to you, are:

-        How to combine MRTG with RRD, and how to install both of them?

-        What is operating system can I use in server machine if I want to create the MRTG server to manage my network?

-        Can I integrate between MRTG server and router in a PC?

-        Can RRD tools run under Windows Operating System? If can, what the version. If cann’t , why, what kind of operating system that I should use correctly?

-        How to detect the values/data which locate in RRD database? (how to read the RRD?) How does the RRD work?

-        To detect router down / not, what value is I must detect/compare?

-        What make different between cfgmaker and indexmaker command?

-        What is abbreviation and function of CVS, POD?

Hope u idea and suggestion.

Best regards,

Welly