[mrtg] Re: MRTG by date

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 7 22:54:20 MET 2004

>How can I show MRTG graphs by specific date, for example I
>want to watch april 14´s MRTG graphs. PD. sorry for my english
You will need to archive the data as MRTG expires it.

If you are using RRDTool as your backend (instead of .log files) and the
routers2.cgi frontend, then you can use the 'extended date' option to view
'yesterday' and 'previous month' graphs.  If you also enable the RRD
Archving feature, then you can pull back whichever days you have archived.
See the routers2 manual for this.

Or you can automate the routers2 graph archive feature nightly, and then
view the stored graphs.

Otherwise, you can extend your rrd as much as you like, and use your own
rrdtool programming to display other graphs.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes