[mrtg] Log file problem

Gareth Watkins gareth.watkins at kcom.com
Wed Dec 8 11:31:26 MET 2004

Hi everyone,

I have MRTG polling a Riverstone router for CPU utilisation.  I have the OID
and doing an snmpget, I get the correct value so I know the OID is correct.
I have created a cfg file and when MRTG runs it, I get no error.  However
the resulting graph shows zero values.

I am looking in the log and I see zero value entered everywhere except the
first line which contains the correct value.  But when MRTG is run again,
this value does not get carried over.  The latest poll just overwrites this
first line.  I hope you understand what I am describing!  Here is the first
few lines of the log:

1102500008 4 4     <---- this is the correct value but graph shows zero
1102500008 0 0 0 0
1102499870 0 0 0 0
1102499700 0 0 0 0
1102499400 0 0 0 0 etc...

I have another cfg file for Memory utilisation on the same router and this
works fine.

Has anyone had this problem before where the correct value is polled but the
log file does not update correctly?

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,
Gareth
The content of this e-mail and any attachment is private and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or forwarding of this
e-mail and/or its
attachments is unauthorised.  If you have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender by e-
mail and delete this message and any attachments immediately from this
system.

Kingston Communications (HULL) PLC is a public limited company incorporated
in England and Wales
with registration number 02150618 and whose registered office is at 37 Carr
Lane, Hull HU1 3RE

118 288 - Kingston UK Directory Enquiries. Each call costs 35p* for up to 3
searches, calls from
mobiles and other networks may vary. *As at 01/03/04.