[mrtg] Can I rename config files and not lose history?

Chuck.Coker at rcc.edu Chuck.Coker at rcc.edu
Wed Dec 22 21:06:10 MET 2004

Can I rename config files and not lose history?

My predecessor was not consistent in naming of the configuration files.
For example, the config files for four switches in one rack might be
named radm125-sw1.cfg, radm125-sw2-2950g.cfg, radm125-sw3-ws-c2950g-48-
ei.cfg, and radm125-sw4.cfg.

If I want to change the config filename of the first switch, radm125-
sw1.cfg, can I change the config filename from radm125-sw1.cfg to
radm125-sw1-ws-c3550-24-pwr.cfg?

Do I need to change any other files if I want to keep the history? As
far as I can tell, the history files are named by IP address and
interface.

Thanks,
Chuck Coker