[mrtg] Re: 3Com 3300 Cpu load info

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 10:18:32 MET 2004

> I ma new to mrtg, i have installed the mrtg , I have the 3com 3300 MIBs
> I want to collect other info like errors, packets etc, more over I want
to get CPU load info or mem usage

MIB files simply translate OID numbers to text (a bit like DNS translating
URLS to IP addresses)
Your problem is not one of getting the MIB file, it is diecovering what OID
to monitor. And devices only support certain OIDs, so a generic MIB that
applies to a range of devices may list an OID that is not supported on your
specific device. For the 3300 I monitor bandwidth and up/down on each
interface. I cannot find mem or CPU, and never bothered with error.
For other devices, I edit the CFG file by hand, and change the TARGET line
to reflect what I need to monitor (as per the reference manual).

Regards
Peter