[mrtg] Re: VIP Controller

Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt glratt at rice.edu
Wed Feb 4 16:46:17 MET 2004

As of a Cisco TAC case I logged on this issue two years ago -

} Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:57:29 PST
} Is there a means of accessing such per-VIP parameters (particularly memory
} and CPU utilization) via the SNMP MIB?
}   Technology(T1): Router and IOS Architecture Issues
}   Sub-Technology(T2): IOS Upgrade/ Recommendation/ Requirements Assistance
}   Problem Summary(T3): IOS Upgrade/ Recommendation Assistance
}   Software Version: 12.1(8a)E4

} Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:23:25 -0800 (PST)
} Subject: Case C447963 - SNMP / MIB
}
} Just got a response from an engineer.
}
} Currently there are no mib support for the information you want to obtain for
} your VIPs.
}
} There have been requests made but no extent to when or if this will be
} implemented.

YMMV, especially if your IOS is different. They recommended we file a
new feature request through our sales rep, but I imagine doing so for
a 7507 at this point woiuld be totally useless.

	-g

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 jasa at tenaria.es wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I looking for the OIDs to graph cpu and mem for a VIP controller on a Cisco
> 7507.
>
> Best regards.

				Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
				Rice University Networking