[mrtg] Re: Cybus OID

Patricia A. Malinowski pam43 at georgetown.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:38:44 MET 2004

Yes, that is, unfortunately, what I am finding.  I will forward information
I received from Cisco (see below).
-Patricia

>>>received from
Cisco>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Patricia,

Good to be working with you on another TAC case. I'll be working with you on
case F138535.

Currently, you can monitor backplane utilization for CatOS switches using
CISCO-STACK-MIB
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/cat-switch_backplane_util.html)

You can also monitor the CPU utilization of 7500 routers using
CISCO-PROCESS-MIB
(http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/collect_cpu_util_snmp.html#procmu
lti)

However, today, there is no way to monitor backplane utilization for a 7500
router. CSCdy58619 is a wish bug filed for this purpose. Here are the
details:

Externally found enhancement defect: New (N)
need snmp oid / table for show controllers cbus utilization output

Release Note
A 7500 router returns:
Router>sh controllers cbus utilization

CY0Bus utilization for five seconds: 3%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3%
CY1Bus utilization for five seconds: 0%; one minute: 0%; five minutes: 0%

It is desired to have a table o be able to poll the above data via snmp.

The bug may not be visible to you through our Bug Watcher tool. If you need
resolution of the bug expedited, you may wish to contact your Cisco Account
Team, or file a Product Enhancement.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,