[mrtg] Re: ima interface

Scott Taylor security at 303underground.com
Wed Feb 11 03:01:30 MET 2004

I don't have access to routers with IMA interfaces anymore, but I seem
to recall that cisco did not keep counters running per subinterface.
There are a number of things that are only tracked per physical
interface (things like errors and collisions which are problems on the
line don't make sense at a subinterface level). If through command line
"sh interface" or snmpwalk experiments you know that there are the
desired counters available, use cfgmaker with the appropriate if-filter
(in place of $if_is_loopback from this example) values to keep the
interfaces from being commented out:

/usr/bin/cfgmaker --ifref=ip --no-down '--if-filter=($default_iftype ||
$if_is_loopback)' community at yourrouter.net

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:47, Sherwin T wrote:
> hi,
>
> Would like to ask help if anyone was able to obtain
> mrtg graphs for total traffic of cisco IMA logical
> interfaces.
>
> The cfgmaker comments out the ATM/ima main interface.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> regards,

Scott Taylor - <security at 303underground.com>

<avenj> what's the deal with the forums?
<klieber> which particular deal are you referring to?
<avenj> the deal where they don't seem to be operational
<klieber> that's a feature.