[mrtg] Re: Utilization on Tunnel interfaces on Cisco devices

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Feb 12 20:12:22 MET 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Bigelow, Andrea L. wrote:

> > They work fine for me and are detected automatically by MRTG.  See if they
> > may be detected but commented out in the mrtg.cfg for some reason.  MRTG
> > will usually pick up all interfaces and comment out with reason those that
> > the script determines should not be displayed.
>
> The interfaces are there, Jay, the graphs just don't generate for some
> reason -- it's not that there's nothing there, they're not generating.

Are logfiles being generated and updated?

Send a relevant snippet of your mrtg.cfg .

Has the router been rebooted since the cfgmaker script was run?  This can
break interface numbering.  Fix is "snmp ifindex persist" in global config,
write mem and re-run cfgmaker.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/