[mrtg] Re: mrtgsql - a MRTG to SQL logging and reporting tool

Marc Bilodeau marc at somix.com
Tue Feb 17 16:23:48 MET 2004

Good question tobi, at Somix our denika/webnm products write the polled data
to both the RRD files and the MySQL back-end. We believe that users should
have a quick reference for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly data. However,
if the user needs to create a report based on 5 minute samples between 8am
and 5pm for Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday on the week of October 23 they can
with the stored data. Some would argue by increasing the amount of data that
can be stored in the rrd file would do the trick. However, many other tools
out there can take advantage of the database via ODBC or a direct
connection.

Sincerely,
Marc
http://www.somix.com/support/mrtg_repository.php