[mrtg] Re: mrtgsql - a MRTG to SQL logging and reporting tool

Max Clark max at cthought.com
Tue Feb 17 18:21:04 MET 2004

Logging every datasource to mysql will definitely be slower and less
efficient than logging to .rrd. People that are writing to mysql will have
to monitor the size of their database and most likely create a data
warehouse of some kind for "old" data.

I am not advocating the unilateral use of mrtgsql for all of the datasources
in the MRTG config, only the ones where detailed reporting (in my case for
billing) is necessary.

-Max

--
Max Clark
Creative Thought, Inc
max at cthought.com

http://www.cthought.com

This transmission may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you have, or believe you
have, received this transmission in error, or are not [one of] the intended
recipient(s) named above, you must notify the sender immediately and
permanently destroy any and all copies of this transmission.