[mrtg] Re: Interface up/down?

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 10:44:15 MET 2004

> I am running mrtg on win 2000.I am monitoring some
> router interface.I would like to know if there is
> anyway i could check if the interface is up or down
> using mrtg.

Normally in your .cfg you use Target[filename]: interface:public at IP

Try Target[filename]: ifOperHack.interface&ifAdminHack.interface:public at IP
I saw this as a posting a while back and use it on my 3Com switches.
It plots Zero or One for up/down for both administration (disabled ports)
and Operation (user plugged in).
Play with maxbytes and legends to taste.

I use Routers2.cgi to summarise every port on the switch, so the summary
graph plots the number of ports up/down per switch.

Regards
Peter