[mrtg] Re: Monitoring VLAN on Router Cisco

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Feb 24 19:26:07 MET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 14:15, Fernando Cortes wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a Router Cisco 3620 IOS 12.1(2) with VLANs associated to the
> subinterfaces and I have this problem:

> MRTG records the same Bandwith in the subinterface like the main interfaces.

Actually, this is a Cisco problem, not an MRTG problem.  The solution is
to upgrade to 12.2T or 12.3
12.1(2) is really pretty old, and there are a number of security
vulnerabilities in it.  I'm most comfortable with late 12.2 code, but
the sub-interface counters missed code-freeze on 12.2 mainline by about
3 weeks about two and a half years ago, so figure another year or so
before 12.3 is stable and we finally have a counter from a 5-line patch.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy