[mrtg] Interface Discards on a Cat6500 w/IOS

Winter, R. Stephen SWinter at becu.org
Wed Feb 25 18:23:21 MET 2004

Hi, I'm trying to monitor the number of Discards on a FastEth port on a 10/100card in a Cat6500 w/IOS.

I'm monitoring the ifInDiscards and ifOutDiscads, but the number I'm using are not jiving with the one reported when I do a "show int f10/42".

I originall had the options set at "gauge, absolute, nopercent", but added "bits" when the graphs were showing in Bytes.  That still didn't work.

Any suggestions?  I'm looking for the graph to just show the current number or discards, not a change between polls...  It could go up indefinately, so I realize I'll need to make the MaxBytes value quite large (Or can I just delete it??)

Thanks.

RStephen Winter
IT Network & Security, BECU
swinter at becu.org
(206)439-5908

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received without printing, copying, retransmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using the information. Thank you.