[mrtg] How to graph multiple server CPUs

Tim Reimers tim.reimers at asheville.k12.nc.us
Wed Feb 25 22:57:51 MET 2004

Hi everyone-

I have a  multiple CPU server-  Dell PowerEdge 6600 running Windows 2000
(I don't know if it's the multicpu version or not-)

I'm not sure how to handle them in MRTG -
having never owned a server with multiple CPUs

Here's an snmpwalk of it:

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.2 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.3 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.4 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.5 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.6 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.7 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.8 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorFrwID.9 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::zeroDotZero
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.2 = INTEGER: 14
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.3 = INTEGER: 1
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.4 = INTEGER: 0
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.5 = INTEGER: 9
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.6 = INTEGER: 13
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.7 = INTEGER: 4
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.8 = INTEGER: 7
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad.9 = INTEGER: 10

I'm not sure why I'm not seeing a 0 or 1 processor here-
I'm also not sure why processor 2 and 6 seem to be carrying the load for
the most part-
It seems as if I should establish how the processors are configured to
share the load (if they are in any way configured)

Should I just watch this for a while and try to establish if 2 and 6 are
the "main" processors, and graph them on the first graph?

Is there a way to line-draw graphs (as opposed to the way the normal
green graph is a 'fill' graph)
so that I might try to get all 8 processors on one graph?

Opinions anyone?

Tim