[mrtg] Strange problems with external script: Unrecognized character \xB4

Martin Fuchs martin.fuchs at gmx.ch
Wed Feb 25 22:56:20 MET 2004

Hi all,

it seams impossible for me solving this problem. I've tried everything I
could, but nothing helped.

Mrtg should call an extern script (for testing, called test.pl). The script
prints the result out, but mrtg
spend me only an strange an error message!

---mrtg error message
ERROR: Target[raid][_IN_] '´/usr/local/bin/test.pl´' (kill): Unrecognized
character \xB4 at (eval 22) line 1.
ERROR: Target[raid][_OUT_] '´/usr/local/bin/test.pl´' (kill): Unrecognized
character \xB4 at (eval 23) line 1.
WARNING: Skipping Update of raid, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of raid, outlast is not defined
---error end

---mrtg.cfg
Title[raid]: RAID - drive power states
MaxBytes[raid]: 1
PageTop[raid]: <H1>RIAD - drive power states</H1>
Target[raid]: ´/usr/local/bin/test.pl´
LegendI[raid]:
LegendO[raid]:
Legend1[raid]: drive power states
Options[raid]: growright, nopercent, absolute
---mrtg.cfg --end

---external script
#!/usr/bin/perl
print "1\n";