[mrtg] mrtg and squid

Jim elemint at cox.net
Tue Jan 6 17:48:06 MET 2004

I am using the documentation from
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-squid.html to try
to get squid working with mrtg.  Below is the error message that is
produced when I try to run my mrtg cfg file.

mrtg  /var/www/mrtg/squid/mrtg.squid.cfg
Unknown SNMP var cacheHttpHits
 at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1683
Unknown SNMP var cacheProtoClientHttpRequests
 at /usr/bin/mrtg line 1683
WARNING: Expected a number but got '3 days, 19:41:34'
WARNING: Expected a number but got 'squid 2.5.STABLE4'
ERROR: Target[proxy-hit][_IN_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
ERROR: Target[proxy-hit][_OUT_] ' $$target[1]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of proxy-hit, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of proxy-hit, outlast is not defined

Jim