[mrtg] Stopping CFGMaker comment out zero byte interfaces ?

Strutt, Simon simon.strutt at thomson.com
Wed Jan 7 13:01:28 MET 2004

I've got a new network switch with 100's of ports which I want to monitor
with MRTG.  When I run the CFGmaker it comments out the ports because
they're not being used yet (the switch returns state=down speed=0,
state=down is overridden by --show-op-down, but speed=0 can't be overridden,
even if the port speed is hardset to 100 on the switch, it still returns
speed of 0 bytes as its not up yet).
Is there a way to force the CFGmaker to use 100M for MaxBytes regardless of
whats returned by the switch, and so stop it commenting out the interface?
(Rather than recreating the cfg file each time a new port is used, or
editing the cfg file to remove the #'s, or for that matter a quick bit of
script that can uncomment interfaces).

Regards
Simon

"This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential and not for third party unauthorised distribution."