[mrtg] Re: about the begining

Takumi Yamane yamtak at b-session.com
Mon Jan 12 16:44:44 MET 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:09:40 +0200, Darius Povilaitis wrote
in <1962329639.20040112170940 at mail.ru>:

> TY> quick answer for your question:
> TY> replace '$1'(and/or $2) with actual IP address of your server.
> i try to do this by using my expternal IP address ...
> darius:~# perl /usr/bin/cfgmaker public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> SNMP Error: no response received

Try 127.0.0.1 instead of your external IP address, its loopback address
and should be work fine.

Also I think you'd better to mask your real IP address (and SNMP
community name) when you post your message to strangers (like me ;),
otherwise your box would be turned into kiddie's playroom in a minute.

It is bad idea to disclose those informations to public.

--
Takumi Yamane <yamtak at b-session.com>