[mrtg] Re: Mrtg can not work with OID I identified

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Jan 20 16:53:35 MET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 03:34, Chen Haitao-a15768 wrote:

> I got the correct date, but still can not make graph, the error is :
>
> D:\mrtg-2.9.29\bin>perl mrtg mrtg1.cfg
> WARNING: Expected a number but got '21 days, 9:28:26'
> WARNING: Expected a number but got '21 days, 9:28:26'
> ERROR: Target[abc][_IN_] ' $$target[4]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
> ERROR: Target[abc][_OUT_] ' $$target[4]{$mode} ' did not eval into defined data
> WARNING: Skipping Update of abc, inlast is not defined
> WARNING: Skipping Update of abc, outlast is not defined
>

> So it seems I need change some config, Can anyone know what should I change?

>From the snmp_util release notes:
BER.pm 0.72: A new variable, $BER::pretty_print_timeticks, has been
introduced to give users control over the degree of pretty-printing of
TimeTicks values. If left at the defaults, TimeTicks values will be
converted to strings such as 14 days, 6:56:07. If you set it to zero,
the same value will simply pretty-print as 123456789, which should be
interpreted in units (ticks) of 10ms.

Ok, so from that we can discern that we have to twiddle
$BER::pretty_print_timeticks to make it work.  I used to remember how to
do that on the fly , but it escapes me right now.
--
Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com>
Austin Energy