[mrtg] Re: multi cpu on one graph

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 20 21:12:12 MET 2004

>I have a w2k server with 4 cpu's. I am able to graph each cpu
>individually with mrtg, but I would like to have all 4 on one
>graph Browsing the Oids I get
You can't do this with vanilla MRTG, you need to have RRDTool in the
backend.  If you also use routers2.cgi as your frontend, you can configure a
UserDefined graph over the 4 targets, eg:

Target[cpu1]: ...etc..
Target[cpu2]: ...etc..
Target[cpu3]: ...etc..
Target[cpu4]: ...etc..
..etc..
routers.cgi*Graph[cpu1]: cpu_all "All CPUs" total average fixunit noo
routers.cgi*Graph[cpu2]: cpu_all
routers.cgi*Graph[cpu3]: cpu_all
routers.cgi*Graph[cpu4]: cpu_all

This will generate a 4-line graph, using the Incoming lines on the cpu
targets, and add a total and and average line to the new graph.  Display
options for the userdefined graph will be inherited from the cpu1 target.

(yes, I am slightly biased towards routers.cgi, but this solution does work.
You may also be able to do this in mrtg-rrd.cgi? :)

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes