[mrtg] which snmp2ca/perf2mib values to track?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Jan 21 21:15:52 MET 2004

Hi,

One more question, then I'll shut up.  Again, the archives haven't
helped.

I'm using the Windows perf2mib and the snmp2ca toolkits to get SNMP
values without any trouble, but on some CPU-related MIBs I get "extra"
answers.  For example, in a snmpwalk on a snmp2ca host I get:

#snmpwalk -m ALL -v 1 -c community host .1.3.6.1.4.1.9600.1.1.5.1
SNMP2CA-STD::cpuInterruptsPerSec."0" = INTEGER: 67
SNMP2CA-STD::cpuInterruptsPerSec."_Total" = INTEGER: 66
#

The values for the two mibs are different.  In some cases, at some
points, the values differ by quite a bit.

Which value should I track to get the actual interrupts/second -- or
user time, or whatever?

And can anyone point me to a document where this "_Total" thingamajig
is described?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas at FreeBSD.org, mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
Today's chance of throwing it all away to start a goat farm: 41.8%