[mrtg] Passing Ping options while using mrtg-ping-probe

evans.mj.1 at pg.com evans.mj.1 at pg.com
Thu Jan 22 20:34:38 MET 2004

Can anyone tell me how to pass options to the ping command while using
mrtg-ping-probe?  I looked through the script and wasn't sure if I should
enter the option I wanna use in the script or if it should be passed in
the cfg file.  I am trying to limit the timeout between each ping so that
mrtg will complete it's one minute interval when there is an unresponsive
host.  Right now, when I try to ping a downed host, MRTG gets held up
waiting for the ping-probe to complete and it doesn't complete in the
interval.
Thanks for any assistance,
Mike