[mrtg] Re: Formula for calculating Network Utilisation

William Owen William.Owen at ProfilesInternational.com
Fri Jul 2 16:24:43 MEST 2004

The program passes the allows you to monitor the threshold on the relative
percentage value, but it passes the raw value to you ThresholdMax program.
If you are looking for the relative value on your Threshold program, you can
always calculate them using your MaxBytes value and then running the <90
logic against the results.  Alternatively, you could calculate this number
and compare.

MaxBytes: 125000

90% = 12491

EX1:
if ($utalization < 12491 ) {
    $email = 'email1 at company.com';
}
else {
    $email = 'email2 at company.com';
}

EX2:
$Percent = ($utalization \ 125000) * 10;

if ($Percent < 90 ) {
    $email = 'email1 at company.com';
}
else {