[mrtg] Customizing arguments for ThreshProgI

Meng Keng Lee mengkenglee at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 07:17:28 MEST 2004

Hello,

>From MRTG docs, MRTG passes 3 arguments: the $router variable, the threshold value broken, and the current parameter value via ThreshProgI.  Is it possible to configure MRTG to pass more than 3 arguments? Or rather pass arguments like interface description, Max Bytes, etc?

My problem is like this:
After getting the 3 arguments from ThreshProgI, I need to calculate the exact percentage of the utilisation, email customer in the following email format: <RouterName> <InterfaceName> utilisation breaches threshold: Current: <CurrentUsage>, Threshold: <Utilisation Percentage>.

If MRTG can only pass 3 arguments, then I have to hardcode the MaxBytes, Interface Name in my perl script.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks and regards