[mrtg] MRTG and Cisco Catalyst 35XX switches.

Al.Tefft at LDS.spx.com Al.Tefft at LDS.spx.com
Mon Jul 12 18:27:56 MEST 2004

Has anyone had success in monitorying Cisco Catalyst 35XX switches?

I have MRTG installed on a PC running Debian Linux. The config appears to
have been successful and the PC is communicating with the switches every 5
minutes. The communication works well enough to recognize all the ports,
their names, and mac addresses. I have an apache web server and am able to
view the graphs of all of the ports for the three switches I want to
monitor.

However, there is no data being collected. The log file for each port
contains all zeros for data.

I have also been evaluating WhatsUp Gold and an able to see the data by
selecting the counters I wish to monitor, so I know that there is data on
the switches to monitor. I am new to the mailing list so if more
information is needed to determine the answer to my problem let me know.

I searched the archives a found a similar line early last year and checked
with the individual who had the problem. He was not able to solve it and
is using another program to monitor the switches.

Thanks,

Al Tefft
Information Technology
LDS Test and Measurement LLC
Tel: (608)821-6657

Note: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you must not read, use
or disseminate that information. This also applies for any attachments.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus, or any defect which might affect any computer or IT System into
which they are received and opened, It is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted
by LDS Test and Measurement LLC for any loss or damage arising in any way
from receipt thereof