[mrtg] Problem with past data after disaster recovery

Fernando Costa de Almeida falmeida at computeasy.com.br
Mon Jul 12 20:02:37 MEST 2004

 Hi all,

 I'm facing a big problem with mrtg right now. Last week, my mrtg
server's HD just crashed, and I had to restore a backup. As a result,
mrtg losts about 1 day of data, and the grafic of that day becomes a
straight line (as explained in the FAQ).
My problem is that mrtg seemed to recalculate all its past data, and the
values before the crash day became extremely low. Looking at the grafic,
you can see clearly the division between 'before' and 'after' the crash
and, because the autoscalling, you can't even see the values before the
crash event (they appear to be 'zeros').

 How can I solve this? Can I just copy the values from the day before
the crash (for example) to the day with missing data?

 Thanks in advance!