[mrtg] Re: Problem with past data after disaster recovery

Fernando Costa de Almeida falmeida at computeasy.com.br
Tue Jul 13 15:11:52 MEST 2004

Well, instead of trying to explain what happened with my poor english I
think its better that you see with your own eyes :-).

 I put a copy of the page on this address:

 http://desenv01ux.computeasy.com.br/mrtg

 Let's take, for instance, the graffic of Interface 8, labeled as "SAIDA
INTERNET ROUTER TELMEX01". Please take a look at the Weekly' Graph. The
restore has happened in the last Thursday, 7 PM. Notice how the data
before the event differ from what I have now...

 The log is available in
http://desenv01ux.computeasy.com.br/mrtg/192.168.98.254_12/192.168.98.25
4_12.log .

 Im installing a RAID controller in this machine right now. Curiously,
this is the only server here that didnt had disk redundancy. As said in
the Murphy's Law, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". :-)

 Thanks!