[mrtg] Re: Cisco Mib Targets

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jul 21 12:55:04 MEST 2004

>>> "Jonathan Dwerryhouse" <jon.d at c2internet.net> 7/21/2004 6:30:00 AM

<snip>
>I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some good
>documentation.  I'm trying to monitor various things like temperature,
cpu
>useage and memory useage on Cisco routers and switches and require the
MIB
>targets to put in the MRTG config.

Sure, tons of good documentation out there.  Search the mrtg archives
or any of
the how-to's for MRTG.  Cisco even has some decent things on using MRTG
collect information.

>Does anyone have a good list of the various targets required?  Do they
vary
>per Cisco device?

Have you tried somix?  If you have a list of the devices (and IOS
levels) send it
out and we could comment.  A lot of what you can monitor depends on the
IOS
you are running and the devices you want to monitor.

Paul