[mrtg] newby question

Carlos Alperin carlos at www.senecacom.net
Thu Jul 22 00:15:41 MEST 2004

Hi everbody,

I'm new enough for RRDTool, however I have all my graphs running MRTG with
greath sucess.

Even I was able to get network errors and errors rate without big effort
from different equipment on the network.

Now, I have this problem: I need to track signal level on 8 links that we
have in our backbone, so I can get those values through snmp but they are
Negative Integer numbers.

Then, of course I cannot use MRTG. Did somebody has an example of an RRDTool
application just I don't have clear on my mind how to start collecting the
information?

I don't know if I need to write a perl application, and then run a Cron job,
or I miss something on the understanding of RRDTool.

Thanks in advance for any example.

Carlos Alperin