[mrtg] Re: MIB's

Tim Sheets TSheets at illinois.net
Thu Jun 3 15:30:24 MEST 2004

Think of it along the same lines as DNS.  If you don't specify a name
server (or the one you have specified is down/unreadhable), you can
still surf the Internet if you use only IP addresses.  If you do have a
DNS server specified and available, you can still use the IP address,
but you have the (much easier) option of using the name that is
contained in DNS.

Tim