[mrtg] Re: MRTG logs on an external server

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Jun 4 12:43:55 MEST 2004

You could do this at least two different ways I can
think of with RRDTool, a little more difficult with
stock MRTG...

1.  NFS mount the machine where the logs are stored
on the machine where the webserver is running.

2.  Run a webserver on the server where the logs
are stored and put the logs in a directory in the
webserver can see them.  This may be more geared
for an RRDTool setup as I'm not quite sure how
you could tell MRTG to generate the graphs on a
remote machine.

Paul

>>> sam <sam at intersatafrica.com> 06/04/04 03:29 AM >>>
Is it possible to generate graphs from MRTG logs located in another machine other than the machine running mrtg ? If so how ?
 Regards
Sam