[mrtg] Templates

hdevito at qwest.net hdevito at qwest.net
Mon Jun 7 04:15:14 MEST 2004

I keep receiving errors when I try to use these templates what am I doing
wrong?

Trying to use the following template.

Target[$CFGNAME]:
1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14.$INSTANCE&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.20.$INSTANCE:$COMMUNITY@$IP
ADDRESS * 300
MaxBytes[$CFGNAME]: $MAX
YLegend[$CFGNAME]: errs/intrvl
ShortLegend[$CFGNAME]: sec
Legend1[$CFGNAME]: Errors per interval
Legend2[$CFGNAME]: Errors per interval
Legend3[$CFGNAME]: Errors Max value per interval on graph
Legend4[$CFGNAME]: Errors value per interval on graph
LegendI[$CFGNAME]:  Errors
LegendO[$CFGNAME]:  Errors
Title[$CFGNAME]: switch $PORT - Errors/second
PageTop[$CFGNAME]: <H3>switch $PORT - Errors/second</H3>
Options[$CFGNAME]: unknaszero
Colours[$CFGNAME]: GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#0000ff,GRAY#AAAAAA,VIOLET#ff00ff
WithPeak[$CFGNAME]: ymw

This is the command line I'm using

cfgmaker --if-template=iferror.template --noreversedns community at 1.2.3.4 >
/etc/mrtg/mainrouter.cfg

This is the error that gets returned

Global symbol "$CFGNAME" requires explicit package name at (eval 4) line 23,
<IF_TEMPLATE> line 31.

Please help.  It seems the more I try to understand the worse I get.