[mrtg] Re: unable to poll

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Thu Jun 17 12:05:28 MEST 2004

Hello,

> The  traffic  goes above 120 Mpbs now ..and  my  mrtg  is not able to read
> that..., i get  blank spaces in the graph  or sometimes  it only  10 % of
> the real utilization.

You must use 64bit counters, because 32bit counters wraps about 114Mbps
every 5 minutes and is not possible to handle this.

You must enable SNMP version 2, which enables reading of 64bit counters
ifhcinoctets. If some interfaces doesn't have 64bit counters, MRTG
automatically tried to read 32bit counters ifinoctets.
Enabling of SNMP V2c you can through Target with adding option :::::2.
You can call cfgmaker with added SNMP option.

> Please  also tell me  how  to reduce the time of the counters from 5 mins
> to 1 min.

This is probably not possible.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka