[mrtg] Re: PIX

Joseph Pierini JPierini at mmlive.com
Sat Jun 19 01:58:28 MEST 2004

I notice that your ACL for SNMP has no hit counts, but your ICMP does, so I
assume that you can ping the PIX from the MRTG server. That leaves me
confused and at a loss, however I still stand by my statement that it will
work via the outside interface.

Being this is a lab device, and shouldn't be a security risk, would you mind
sharing the entire pix config, after you edit the passwords and real IP's?
Perhaps there's something else affecting the snmp response. Also, what
version  PIX is this and what PIX bin are you running?

Kindest regards,

Joseph Pierini