[mrtg] Re: MRTG banner

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Jun 20 10:29:26 MEST 2004

Hi Atsushi,

> MRTG is very useful tool to monitor the network traffic and I'm planning
> to provide it with our network product which has an embedded web
> service.
>
> Does anyone know whether it is possible to remove "MRTG banner" at the
> foot of the screen when MRTG is embedded in the commercial product?
>
> If there are any other issues on the commercial use of MTRG, please let
> me know.

Please note that the main purpose of mrtg is not to embed it into a
commercial in the process loose all traces of its origin.

MRTG is licensed under the GNU GPL which regulates how you can use
it. In your context it is important to note, that any modifications
you make in MRTG fall under the GNU GPL too. If you make it
available to a 3rd party (regardles of the cost), the 3rd party
must get the source to the modified version of MRTG under the GNU
GPL license too.

cheers
tobi
--