[mrtg] Wot wrong?

Paul Baxter paulbax at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jun 30 14:19:33 MEST 2004

Hi All, I have a problem with the getting of eth0 data to MRTG , but the
uptime displays the webpages fine>>>so I don't think it's an MRTG
problem...it worked fine on Mandrake 9.0 but since I went to ver 9.1 it
has been a pain..I have had it working with this OS version before but I
forgot how to fix it  can some one help me?..I think it is something to
do with "Getting" the data from  the system. Here's the result of
running my cfg script (its the bottom warning errors with "External Get"
in them I am talking about) and it worked before, I am sure it has
something to do wirth an program called  "get" that I am missing..
  Below this is the so called missing Monthlystats script, which is were
it should be /usr/bin/
I remember installing some application off the disks but I don't
remember what it was called but it must install by default on version
9.0 Mandrake, but not 9.1 but I am getting the two uptime pages fine.
 Thanks Paul the newbie

[root at linuxbox root]# mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg
Can't locate package $VERSION for @MRTG_lib::ISA at /usr/bin/mrtg line 59
        main::BEGIN() called at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 59
        eval {...} called at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 59
Can't exec "/usr/bin/monthlystats": No such file or directory at
/usr/bin/mrtg line 1491.
WARNING: Running '/usr/bin/monthlystats eth0': No such file or directory
WARNING: Could not get any data from external command
'/usr/bin/monthlystats eth0'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (No such file or directory)

WARNING: Problem with External get '/usr/bin/monthlystats eth0':
   Expected a Number for 'in' but nothing'

WARNING: Problem with External get '/usr/bin/monthlystats eth0':
   Expected a Number for 'out' but nothing'

ERROR: Target[host-eth0][_IN_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
ERROR: Target[host-eth0][_OUT_] ' $$target[0]{$mode} ' did not eval into
defined data
WARNING: Skipping Update of host-eth0, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of host-eth0, outlast is not defined
[root at linuxbox root]#