[mrtg] mrtg and snmp on linux redhat 9

Roman hezely at in4.sk
Tue Mar 2 13:13:29 MET 2004

hi there
I am really not able to run mrtg under redhat 9.

I have already tried this:
1.
- download newest mrtg (2.10.13) / configure /install / start snmpd
- cfgmaker could not run because of 'no response received' from SNMP server....
then I tried to install net-snmp newer version (5.0.9)
but cfgmaker could not run with it, too.

2. after this I have returned back to original RH 9 packages of SNMP(5.0.6) and mrtg(2.9.17-13) but result was very similar: