[mrtg] Re: Two questions...

james hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Wed Mar 3 20:37:01 MET 2004

: 2)  I am having some trouble monitoring FE subinterfaces...I have tried
: using both the 32 bit In/Out octet counter (MRTG standard), and the 64 bit
: In/Out HC octet counter.  The 32 bit does not return accurate data and the
: 64 bit returns nothing.  Does anyone know how I can monitor FE (or VLAN)
: subinterfaces accurately?  These interfaces are configured on Cisco routers
: that support both SNMP V1 and V2.

Counter bugs are very very common in Cisco IOS. Check your IOS for
these bugs with the Cisco bug tool.

James Edwards
Routing and Security Administrator
jamesh at cybermesa.com
At the Santa Fe Office: Internet at Cyber Mesa
Store hours: 9-6 Monday through Friday
505-988-9200 SIP:1(747)669-1965